Advance your career at Financial One
Looking to leverage your accounting, financial and consulting acumen to help nonprofit organizations fulfill their mission and build a better tomorrow? Are you driven by a sense of service and community? Financial One is the place for you to build and advance your career. You’ll be working alongside a committed team of highly-trained, community-minded CPAs and accounting professionals.
For general inquires please use email address below:
To apply please use the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=FINONE or the link included in available position description.
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, uses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to provide timely, efficient and high quality accounting, financial and consulting services to non-profit organizations. Independently manages and maintains client relationships and performs duties and responsibilities with little direction and oversight. Regularly reviews the work of Internal Accounting Operations team members. Completes general ledger entries and work papers, and supports Controllers/Fiscal Directors/Chief Financial Officers (CFO) with budgets and financial reporting. Identifies and recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Regular and extensive contact with internal team members and external customers is required in order to meet objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares financial statements and reports relating to financial performance. Completes variance analyses comparing to prior periods and budget.
• Reviews and reconciles accounting transactions for proper classification in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), applicable federal regulations and performance standards and agency contract requirements as appropriate.
• Review accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable accounting detail.
• Performs monthly close processes. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
• Creates and posts accrual journal entries for revenue and expense accounts as applicable.
• Creates and posts adjusting journal entries as needed.
• Regularly meets and/or interacts with clients to address issues and/or questions related to the monthly financial operating results and provide analysis of actual vs. budget variances. May provide information to Controller/Fiscal Director/CFO where applicable.
• Establish, maintain, foster and develop a professional relationships with clients.
• Prepares reconciliations of general ledger accounts and ensures timely resolution of outstanding issues.
• Prepares supporting scheduled for quarterly reviews and annual audits. .
• May assist with maintaining and verifying program inventory.
• May monitor partner and agency non-federal cash and in-kind contributions to ensure revenue targets are met.
• May prepare client billings, including grant billing, and bank reconciliations as needed.
• May prepare supporting documentation for cost settlements/reports, if applicable.
• May prepare federal tax forms 990, and other regulatory reporting and obtain and review supporting documentation.
• May review and reconcile W-2’s and 1099’s.
• May prepare and deliver written and oral presentations to client management as needed.
• Remains current in non-profit accounting and GAAP accounting rules, regulations, policies and techniques as well as all grant provisions and contractual terms for client programs as applicable.
• Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of work paper preparation and general ledger management.
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of monthly reporting.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office.
• Operating accounting software systems. Knowledge of Financial Edge preferred.
• Maintain the confidentiality of information acquired related to clients.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Minimum Degree Required:
o Bachelor’s Degree
• Required Disciplines:
o Accounting, Finance or a related field
• At least 3 years of professional level Accounting experience. Experience in a non-profit environment preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Licenses/Certifications Required at Date of Hire: None
Please apply at