Advance your career at Financial One
Looking to leverage your accounting, financial and consulting acumen to help nonprofit organizations fulfill their mission and build a better tomorrow? Are you driven by a sense of service and community? Financial One is the place for you to build and advance your career. You’ll be working alongside a committed team of highly-trained, community-minded CPAs and accounting professionals.
For general inquires please use email address below:
To apply please use the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=FINONE or the link included in available position description.
Job Summary: Under limited direction from a senior level manager, uses specialized knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP) and skills obtained through experience and Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification to provide timely, accurate and high quality consulting services to non-profit clients. Summarizes and interprets client financial data for use by management, clients, and funding authorities, and resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Extensive knowledge of client organizational structure and funding sources, as well as contact with internal team members and external clients is required in order to meet business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, maintain, foster and develop professional relationships with clients. Regularly meet with clients to provide value added information and recommendations.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of client financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and trends. Provide necessary reports and interpretation of analysis to client and management team.
- Direct and review the day to day work of Accountants and Internal Accounting Operations team members supporting the same clients including review of work papers, review notes and clearing of review notes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of both short-term and long-term client plans and strategies.
- Conduct annual client budget preparation including meeting with clients and providing guidance and recommendations.
- Review budgets monthly and conduct forecasts. Monitor spending and provide meaningful analysis of variances including recommended action plans.
- Direct annual year-end audit process with the external auditors.
- Approve all bank transfers that are not done in the normal course of operations.
- Comply with all regulatory filing and reporting requirements including filing statements and reports, filing returns and paying taxes, charitable trust/license to solicit paperwork, and assisting in the preparation of tax forms.
- Reviews progress of assignments with Financial One senior management.
- Balances conflicting resource and priority demands.
- May manage an accounting related support function (e.g. Accounts Receivables, Payroll, Accounts Payable, etc…) administered by the client including working with outside funding agencies and computer system vendors).
- May serve as the primary contact to the client Executive Director and outside agencies.
- May prepare indirect cost proposals, cost/settlement reports and financial reports required for grants or funding agencies.
- May review or assist with insurance policies and/or renewals, including working with the insurance agent for additions and deletions.
- May review and reconcile pension plan information.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to assigned clients.
- Remains current in non-profit accounting and GAAP accounting rules, regulations, policies and techniques.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced concepts, principles, practices and procedures of internal accounting operations.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced knowledge of work paper preparation, general ledger management, budgeting, financial analysis, monthly reporting, financial statement preparation, release of temporary restricted net assets, and audit coordination within a non-profit environment.Skill in:
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with accounting software systems required. Prior experience with Financial Edge is preferred.Ability to:
- Establish relationships with client organizations and to understand the client issues, objectives and expectations.
- Manage multiple clients including ability to manage conflicting priorities, prioritize work (self and staff) and to know, understand, and meet deadlines.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into client business goals and objectives.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.To apply please go to the following link:
Under limited supervision, uses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to provide timely, efficient and high quality accounting, financial and consulting services to non-profit organizations. Independently manages and maintains client relationships and performs duties and responsibilities with little direction and oversight. Regularly reviews the work of Internal Accounting Operations team members. Completes general ledger entries and work papers, and supports Controllers/Fiscal Directors/Chief Financial Officers (CFO) with budgets and financial reporting. Identifies and recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Regular and extensive contact with internal team members and external customers is required in order to meet objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares financial statements and reports relating to financial performance. Completes variance analyses comparing to prior periods and budget.
• Reviews and reconciles accounting transactions for proper classification in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), applicable federal regulations and performance standards and agency contract requirements as appropriate.
• Review accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable accounting detail.
• Performs monthly close processes. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
• Creates and posts accrual journal entries for revenue and expense accounts as applicable.
• Creates and posts adjusting journal entries as needed.
• Regularly meets and/or interacts with clients to address issues and/or questions related to the monthly financial operating results and provide analysis of actual vs. budget variances. May provide information to Controller/Fiscal Director/CFO where applicable.
• Establish, maintain, foster and develop a professional relationships with clients.
• Prepares reconciliations of general ledger accounts and ensures timely resolution of outstanding issues.
• Prepares supporting scheduled for quarterly reviews and annual audits. .
• May assist with maintaining and verifying program inventory.
• May monitor partner and agency non-federal cash and in-kind contributions to ensure revenue targets are met.
• May prepare client billings, including grant billing, and bank reconciliations as needed.
• May prepare supporting documentation for cost settlements/reports, if applicable.
• May prepare federal tax forms 990, and other regulatory reporting and obtain and review supporting documentation.
• May review and reconcile W-2’s and 1099’s.
• May prepare and deliver written and oral presentations to client management as needed.
• Remains current in non-profit accounting and GAAP accounting rules, regulations, policies and techniques as well as all grant provisions and contractual terms for client programs as applicable.
• Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of work paper preparation and general ledger management.
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of monthly reporting.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office.
• Operating accounting software systems. Knowledge of Financial Edge preferred.
• Maintain the confidentiality of information acquired related to clients.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Minimum Degree Required:
o Bachelor’s Degree
• Required Disciplines:
o Accounting, Finance or a related field
• At least 3 years of professional level Accounting experience. Experience in a non-profit environment preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.